I'm not perfect and I don't know everything. I begrudgingly admit that the things that I do not know, drive me to madness. So I dig for answers, and often find them in the most unexpected of places.
I have found that my most profound thoughts stem from a feeling of smallness. Staring into the endless waves of the ocean, contemplating the enormity of its mass. Or gazing at the night sky and counting the stars above. These simple yet cathartic acts have helped me work through many of life's questions.
Many times I ask, why me? While I have had a life full of unique experiences and amazing encounters, I've also been struck by tragedy. I've experienced injury and illness. I've been woefully hurt by lovers and friends. And for quite sometime I held on to those tragedies as if I was the only person on earth to experience them.
But the longer I live, the more I realize that these tragedies and triumphs are something we all face in one way or another. The pain and fear that we feel, that feeling of utter aloneness that drives some to drink, poor company or even to their demise, those terrible feelings are not ours and ours alone.
When these times sneak up on you, seek refuge and find that place or that person that helps you see the bigger picture. Life is too short to spend it scared, worried or sad. Find people you trust and can count on and support each other through those trials and tribulations. Because in the end, all that really matters are the people you love.
No comments:
Post a Comment