When we arrived in Costa Rica, the drive to our resort wound through lush forests and small villages. The smell of fresh rain, fruits and cooking meat was exotic and hypnotic. The Riu Palace resort was huge and beautiful, with pools to one side, and gardens that attracted butterflies on the other.
The first day we spent an hour in the pool before a torrential downpour forced us indoors where we enjoyed unlimited cocktails and mixed drinks. Today, I visited the spa where I had an hour long massage, then spent the rest of the day lounging by the pool.
It wasn't until I got back inside and realized that my poor porcelain skin had been turned into a light cherry color. And that's when I decided, the luxury life isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I like massages and laying by the pool, but I can only do it for so long before I get bored, or fried in this case.
I like setting out into the wild and seeing where I end up. I want to see wild life, and get my blood flowing by jumping off cliffs or zip lining. I like ATVs and boats and having the wind in my hair.
So tomorrow we're ditching the resort and going out to a volcano, riding horses, and zip lining the jungles. It's a little more my style and I'm looking forward to doing more than just laying in the sun.






No comments:
Post a Comment