Friday, April 8, 2016

Luxury vs Adventure

I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. If there's a hint of adventure (or what most people might consider danger) you can pretty much count me in. But this year I plan on exploring a different side of travel. Instead of lugging around my trusty pack that has now seen three continents, I'll be busting out the luxury carry-on and matching suitcase.  I'm seeing how the 1% live. Well, I guess not actually the 1%, more like 15-20% below that. 

I'm going to explore ways to luxury travel for less. After ample research on how to get the best deals on the most extravagant travel, free upgrades, and perks, I'll share with you what worked and how much I saved so that you can take advantage of the savings too. 

Trip one is booked and ready. As booked, airfare and a junior suite at the Riu Palace in Costa Rica. So far, I've been able to save $700-1200 per traveler by:

1. Traveling during Costa Rica's off-peak season (temperatures are a little cooler and will be around 75-85 per day) 
2. Booking via my mobile phone. (The cost was $150 less per person using my Orbitz than booking through a computer). 
3. Flying on a weekday (An additional savings of about $140 vs. flying on a Friday or Saturday. 

We've also made the most of our layover, making it an additional stop to see the sights in Dallas for some BBQ, blues and to visit the infamous Grassy Knoll. 

Look forward to hearing all about my triumphs and failures to bring you the best and most effective luxury travel tips out there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment